November 07, 2006

I voted ...

... And used some, but not all of your suggestions, Martin (I would have
used all of Mikkel's, but he demured).

I truly appreciate your effort. But for someone who doesn't see a
political spectrum in America, you sure pinned a lot of Democrats.

A much longer write-up (including who I voted for) is coming ... don't
expect it until after the 1st of the year.

Oh, and I asked for a paper ballot, creating an unbelievably high level
of confusion at the polling station. Any of you spudnuts who complained
about butterfly ballots before (almost certainly party-line voting
Democrats), had better not bitch about computerized voting -- you
brought this little monster on yourselves.

2 Comments:

Blogger mrtn said...

Oh, I see a political spectrum in America! It's just that public discourse is tilted too far to the right to allow for a real debate. You have options that are: right wing, right wing XL, right wing super jumbo gulp, slightly left wing and centrists. I recommended many slightly left-wing and far too many centrists. I even used two candidates I would consider right-wing, because they were the best option.

My problem is that while I would rather vote for more progressive candidates, or more competent candidates or candidates with views that are more relevant to the situation or whatnot, I also wanted the democrats to win, because that would shift the range of political debate towards the left where it needs to be. It was more pragmatics than politics. I'm not a party-line guy (in the local elections which I can vote in, I always include competent members of several other parties) but you live in an essentially two-state system, so there wasn't really much leeway.

But again: thank you for listening. I really appreciate it.

Best wishes,
M

Wednesday, November 08, 2006 12:29:00 AM  
Blogger Sara said...

PLEASE say you didn't vote for Arnold. If you did, that's reeducation camp for you, my friend.

Wednesday, November 08, 2006 1:36:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< RETURN TO B1-66ER'S ENTIRE WORLD