October 31, 2006

Day V

Music listened to today:

The Northwest Battle of the Bands, Volume 2
"Knock You Flat"
(Features Suttonhoo's dad on track 7. Too bad he wasn't the only person
who'd ever heard, "House of the Rising Sun," which he is blatantly
trying to knock off. Otherwise he might have made it. Then again, it's
too bad I never sired his grandchildren.)

Aerosmith
"Pandora's Box," disc 1

KMFDM
"Retro"
(THIS is rat killing music. I should listen to nothing but KMFDM for
the next week, except I'm playing only found discs.)

Ratometer:

# of tall kitchen trash bags thrown away: 6

# of CDs recovered from my dining table: 33

# of CDs recovered from the kitchen floor: 74

Amount of money found on my dining table: us$236

Amount of that that was in $2 bills: $220

Most telling item of the day: Quaker Oats box with an expiration date of
September 17, 1995.

Coolest found item of the day: 10,000 year old wolly mammoth hair.

Most unexplainable item of the day: A tube of personal lubricant --
Safeway house brand, no less -- with a crimp expiration date of 1995.
It was in a sack of audio cassette tapes that I'd brought back with me
when I moved back from England (1993). Wait! I just figured it out --
I used this under my wet suit when I swam from Alcatraz to keep from
chaffeing (you can't use vaseline or it'll eat the neoprene). Too funny
-- I had these images of my ex-wife getting all amped up to my "Mr.
Potato Head Turns 30!" audio tape. Wish I hadn't figured it out.

Unbelievably, the place actually looks worse now than when I started.
I'm playing a little bit of item Tetris by staging things on my couch
and "around" that will be moved further back into the apartment later.

One telling item today -- I'm pretty sure there was a bag with a couple
items from a fancy food show a few years ago that had been
"compromised." A bag of jelly beans and, get this, a bottle of beta
carotene had been removed and "transported" around two corners to a spot
about 15 feet away. Both appear to have been sampled, neither were
consumed in quantity.

For tomorrow I'll finish the first pass of the kitchen and dining area
and start in on the living room. Should get a ton of stuff done.

Rat count: nil

2 Comments:

Blogger kingfeddy said...

You should stand in your apt, stare at the personal lube tube, remember Alcatraz, and then slowly recite the story out loud. Loud enough for the rat to hear.

If the rat has any brains, he'll know he picked the wrong apt to move into and will go for easier pickings nearby.

Tuesday, October 31, 2006 5:23:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

realizing this isn't about rats:
you're the only man I know who can get away with dissing a girl's daddy and getting fresh all in one throw. (or maybe the blame is on me for not minding at all.)

p.s. you've gotta keep in mind that that whole genre was about recycling tracks -- if you were to take a head count of louie louie covers you'd come up with half a dozen within just a few years, at least. the kingsmen just won, that's all (which may have had just a little bit to do with the fact that my daddy was promoting them. just a little.)

Tuesday, October 31, 2006 7:39:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< RETURN TO B1-66ER'S ENTIRE WORLD