October 27, 2006

Day II

Day 1 Ratometer:

# of tall kitchen bags of trash thrown away: 4

# of boxes broken down and thrown away: 14

# of shirts found laundered and folded by the kitchen sink: 3

# of spice bottles thrown away: 25

# of CD's unearthed: 55

Coolest of those: "The James Bond Collection" 4 CD set

Gallons of juice in bottles thrown away: 4

Coolest found item of the day: Signed Frankie Laine "Hell Bent for
Leather!" album (includes the original version of "Rawhide")

Most telling item of the day: 1997 Yellow Pages on my kitchen floor

Music listened to while cleaning:
Big Joe Turner*, "Big Bad and Blue," Disc 1
BT, "ESCM"
(*wanted to listen to Ratt, "Ratt & Roll 8191," but, in what has to be a
case of foreshadowing, couldn't get the disc to play. Figured BJT had
probably both seen and killed rats in his life, so I played that
instead.)

Quote from my travel journal to India while I was in Goa (this on my
dining room table):
March 27 - April 1, 1997
"The rest of the days here blur together like a watercolor in the rain
and that's okay because writing them down that way is more
representative of the way I felt during this time and avoids the endless
monotony of saying, 'Got up, ate breakfast, watched the ocean, ate
lunch, watched the ocean, ate dinner, watched the ocean, went to bed.'"

Mishap of the day: Broke the very first lightblub I changed.

Forecast:

The primary emphasis of my work for the next 3 or so days will be mail.
I'm taking the somewhat radical step of not keeping *anything* and
assuming all my financial records, as kept by the institutions, are
correct. The "proper" answer of filing and saving would be nightmarish
bordering on the impossible.

The first potential rat hot spot will come shortly thereafter -- the
bookcase in my living room. It's behind two boxes and several cases of
energy drinks.

3 Comments:

Blogger 24HoTVbot said...

I'm guessing the James Brown box set was left in its place since we photographed it for Geek Radio in 1998.

Friday, October 27, 2006 2:15:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

recommend that you make like a rat with a screw top lid and shred those financial docs, friend.

not that you need my advice. I'm just saying.

Friday, October 27, 2006 3:55:00 PM  
Blogger wabisabi said...

the noise of Kombat avoider--up a dark gum tree..

squid ink--
a small thing
not a pearl.


..there are a few hundred people (from various sites i influence) interested in extreem writing contests--and laying bets!)--this could easily be harnessed and increased but, for a test-run, we will start small?

MONEY!

of course the rules of engagement may need hammered out--i am up for none.. but, hey:)

Saturday, October 28, 2006 2:33:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< RETURN TO B1-66ER'S ENTIRE WORLD