June 21, 2006

THE PHOTO THAT IS GUARANTEED TO MAKE WOMEN SWOON

seriously, this is heavy-duty stuff.

this is my brother and me at my grandparents' union pacific house in rawlins, wyoming. (as an aside, the house has since been scraped and no longer exists -- reduced to the cinder ashes of the industry that helped build it.) the photo was taken on a brownie-look-down-reflector camera mere months before i wrote my first haiku. i'm 8, and on the right; b1-67er is on the left and the tender age of 5.

this is easily my favorite photo from my childhood, and has that rare trait of being a tiny glimpse into the personalities of the two rawhides being shot. (then again, if you exclude class photographs, i'm pretty sure there are less than three dozen pictures that were taken of me before i turned 18 -- it's not up against much competition.)

enjoy.

2 Comments:

Blogger b1-66er said...

my brother's stance on life is better than mine.

Wednesday, June 21, 2006 8:57:00 PM  
Blogger Mock Turtle said...

FABULOUS picture. Thanks for sharing.

Wednesday, June 21, 2006 9:19:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< RETURN TO B1-66ER'S ENTIRE WORLD