March 22, 2010

"No" on Meg Whitman

Rarely do I venture into politics on here -- primarily because it's an exercise in futility and I have much better things to spend my time on -- but I am willing to make exceptions.

Meg Whitman is running for governor of CA.  Due to her involvement with eBay, I've met her enough times that you could say that I know her professionally -- although I'm positive she wouldn't remember me.

I certainly know her well enough to say that in no uncertain terms you should vote for anyone but her.

I'll keep my arguments very short.  There's exactly two reasons why you shouldn't cast any ballot her direction:

1. Until she decided to run for election, she never voted herself.

2. She takes credit for the majority of eBay -- much of which she doesn't deserve -- but for argument's sake let's say she's right and she invented the whole damn world there.  Ask yourself this real easy question: Over time, is eBay getting better or worse?  (Hint: if you're not sure, ask one of your pals who uses it all the time.)  Now, would you like to see a state behave in a similar fashion?

No, Meg.

No, no, no.