October 26, 2006

Day I


The stage is set.

Glue traps:
1 along my sliding door blinds
3 in/around my "fireplace"
1 just outside my hallway
1 in hallway
1 in my bedroom

Snap traps -- all baited, but not set:
1 in my bedroom floor
1 in my bathroom
1 just outside the fireplace

Poison:
2 boxes on patio

Normally I wouldn't use this much glue, but there may be mice about too
and that trap will work for both.

As part of the opening ceremonies, I've filled my 100oz "Kum & Go
huMUGous" (sic). That's right, more than 8 cans of soda in one blast.
A size so large they won't even look you in the eye when you are
standing in line holding it.

First thing I've done is buy replacement lightbulbs -- us$33 worth. If
light was a good enough start for the Judeo-Christian God, it's good
enough for me.

There's no telling what I'll unearth ... or throw away.

Already I've had offers from 2 women to help clean and 1 man to stuff
rats. If that doesn't say a lot about love, communal spirit, and the
difference between the sexes, I don't know what does.