June 30, 2015

quotes of the moment

"Judgment is a terrible evangelism strategy."

"What's the logic behind judging people who don't follow Jesus for behaving like people who don't follow Jesus?"

"Non-Christians usually act more consistently with their value system than you do.

"It's difficult for a non-Christian to be a hypocrite because they tend to live out what they believe.

"Chances are they are better at living out their values than you or I are. Jesus never blamed pagans for acting like pagans."

-- Carey Nieuwhof (in http://careynieuwhof.com/2015/06/some-advice-on-same-sex-marriage-for-us-church-leaders-from-a-canadian/)

1 Comments:

Blogger amborg said...

comments from my gay sibling:

It was a well-written article with some interesting and valid points.

The rest of these thoughts I can't claim as originating with me, but they were presented to me and I happen to agree with them.

Regarding Supreme Court Declares Same-Sex Marriage Legal In All 50 States:

1. It's not a moral issue, it's a civil rights issue, and a natural progression of civil liberties in the US.
2. If you're a heterosexual married couple, it doesn't impact you.
3. If you're a heterosexual single person, it doesn't impact you.
4. If you're a homosexual single person, it doesn't impact you.
5. Truly, the only people directly impacted by the Supreme Court's ruling are those homosexual couples who want to get married and who want the same rights as heterosexual people (i.e. tax breaks) no matter where they live.
6. If it doesn't impact you, stop worrying about it and go on living your life as normal.

And there you have it - my thoughts on the article and Supreme Court ruling. Am I happy they ruled as they did? Yes. Does it directly impact me? No. However, I have several friends that will be impacted. And I'm happy for them.

Tuesday, June 30, 2015 10:47:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< RETURN TO B1-66ER'S ENTIRE WORLD