May 22, 2013

Quote of the moment

These on the same thread at postholer.com

"Need Encouraging Words -- Just Quit Job of 14 Years for the Pacific Coast Trail

Subject line says it all. I'm giving up a six figure job I've had for 14 years in order to thru-hike the PCT. I'm in my late 30s and have been unhappy and uninterested in my work for a number of years. I know if I stay where I am I'll end up becoming another gray barnacle on the ship's hull. It comes to a point where you can't even remember what being happy, engaged, and stimulated feels like. What am I looking for is to gain some clear perspective and regain my self confidence..."

-- joflaig

"Until you value yourself, you will not value your time and until you value your time, you will not do anything with it!"

-- jalopytech

3 Comments:

Blogger that_girl said...

Hey friend. Even a computer needs rebooting sometimes. Maybe you just need to take a break from it all and the fresh air may do you good. You only live once and your resume will stand for something. Just make plans to hit the ground running, to make up for lost ground when you return. Good luck hon and be happy. ~that_girl

Saturday, June 22, 2013 3:13:00 PM  
Blogger b1-66er said...

thanks for your kind comments and words of encouragement ...

having said that, you clearly don't know me.

Saturday, June 22, 2013 3:17:00 PM  
Blogger that_girl said...

Lol...agreed but figured a good swift kick in the butt is probably what you have received from the judgemental masses. You know best what makes you happy and will do what you must to achieve it. Chin up and keep smiling.

Saturday, June 22, 2013 3:45:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< RETURN TO B1-66ER'S ENTIRE WORLD