September 28, 2011

found note

i dropped into a crepe place in DC to have a MX coke and charge my phone ... killing time before my dinner with d4rw1n and tomasino baby.

on the floor there was a meticulously written note on two 3x5 yellow post-its.  without looking at it closely, i could tell it was something of fairly extreme importance ... i picked the bent notes up and put them on my table, assuming the owner may well come back, but after a l-o-n-g time no one showed up so i read it.

i'm *guessing* this is a rough draft of a bigger letter that was being written in long hand, but i thought the whole thing was fascinating and wanted to post it on here for my future reference.

(following is the entirety except there's something written in the top margin that i can't make out ... i may figure it out later ... if anyone wants to see the note, i'll take a high res shot of it and put it up with this.)

***

this weekend i learned a lot.  i don't know why i never believed you when you would say that i am #1 in your life and you once again proved my gut feeling to be right.  i tell you that your dad is throwing "darts" little jabs at me & what do you do?  you get mad at me and have me talk to your mom.  i'm tired of you not choosing me & frankly, i'm fed up.  i deserve to be first in someone's life and clearly i'm not in yours.  i have never done to anything to you to have reasons not to be #1 in your life.  i can't believe i faught (sic) w/ my family to stand up for you when clearly you can't do the same.  i'm sorry but i think we need some time apart.  i'm moving out this weekend.  i need to have time to see if this marriage

[next post-it] is even worth fighting for.  i need someone who always are (sic) behind me 100% and i don't have that w/ you.

2 Comments:

Blogger anne said...

fascinating... my guess is the author is female and 20-something

Wednesday, September 28, 2011 8:32:00 PM  
Blogger b1-66er said...

i agree.

it's just FULL of stuff ... men/women relationships, the kinds of things that seem intolerable ... the inalienable right to being "#1" to another person.

if you look at this from a "for better or worse" standpoint, this doesn't seem or feel very damn bad to me.

it's too bad i can't find a note in response.

i agree with you, 100%. 20-something, female. i'll go even further: american, white, liberal arts college educated.

Thursday, September 29, 2011 1:52:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< RETURN TO B1-66ER'S ENTIRE WORLD